INCI: Tetrasodium EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid tetrasodium salt)
Color: Off white powdee
Odor: No odor
- EDTA is a chelating agent that can bind metal ions such as sodium, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- It is a co-preservative that increases the efficacy of other antibacterial agents.
- EDTA has detergent properties and stabilizes surfactants due to its emulsion and foam stabilizer
- As an antioxidant, EDTA increases the effects of other natural antioxidants like Vitamin C and E
- Stabilizes Ph.
- EDTA is easily soluble in water.
- Skincare – Creams, Lotions
- Cosmetics – Makeup, sunscreen
- Haircare –Shampoos, conditioners